If you think of programming as a tool to accomplish a wide variety of tasks and Python is your tool of choice, then this job is for you. Help our engineering team develop and maintain our backend systems, create simple web applications and APIs, and wrangle and analyze datasets. You will work with systems engineers, data scientists, and web application developers to automate and improve our workflows and solve data-related challenges.
A Typical Week
- Write devops scripts to improve our ability to maintain deployed systems in multiple clouds or on-premises locations.
- Create Jupyter notebooks that wrangle, analyze, and visualize medium to large size databases.
- Deploy simple APIs and other small web applications to improve our processes and monitoring.
- Work with the engineering and data science teams as well as users to brainstorm new features, then build, test, and evaluate them.
- Develop back-end components to improve responsiveness and overall performance.
- Create benchmarks and other performance testing systems.
- Help our support team triage bugs and troubleshoot production issues.
- Participate in code-reviews and peer coding to ensure our software is at the highest quality.
- Coordinate with internal teams to understand user requirements and provide technical solutions.
- Bachelor's degree in Computer Science, Engineering, or a related field, or equivalent training, fellowship, or work experience.
- 3+ years in Python development
- Familiarity with Pydata suite (numpy, scipy, pandas, matplotlib, etc.)
- Knowledge of object-oriented programming and object-relational mapping (ORM)
- Expertise in at least one popular Python framework (like Django, Flask or Pyramid)
- Strong communication skills, a positive attitude, and empathy.
- Self-awareness and a desire to continually improve.
- Experience in startup environments.
- Go development.
- Kubernetes and Docker experience.
- Postgres or time-series database experience.