We are looking for a senior systems engineer to work on our time series database and analytics platform, both distributed systems designed for horizontal scalability and performance. Our ideal person would have strong fundamentals in creating Go microservices using GRPC in a kubernetes environment.
Your role would primarily focus on helping us extend our platform by creating new features and tools. Activities would run the entire gamut of the software development life cycle within the confines of a Scrum/Agile environment.
We are looking across skill levels for this hire so you could be an expert who has built at-scale systems for Google or you could be more junior, with a handful of years of experience.
- Experience building containerized microservices deployed on kubernetes
- Bachelor's/Masters/PhD degree in Computer Science, Engineering, or a related field, or equivalent training, fellowship, and work experience
- 3+ years in software development
- Strong communication skills, a positive attitude, and empathy
- Self-awareness and a desire to continually improve
Nice to Know
- AWS experience
- Distributed systems
- Experience in temporal databases
- A strong interest or background knowledge of database (relational and/or NoSQL) internals
- Experience with Ceph would also be considered a big advantage but is not essential
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, or national origin.